Post: Programme Manager
Closing Date: 14 September 2012
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Programme Manager at the Food & Agricultural Research Council (FARC) which is a Parastatal body operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food Security.
(a) A Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
(b) A degree in Agriculture or a related field from a recognized institution
(c) A postgraduate degree in Agriculture from a recognized institution
Equivalent qualifications to (a), (b), and (c) above acceptable to the Council.
(d) Candidates should also
(i) Be computer literate;
(ii) Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
(iii) Have initiative and be able to lead a team of employees.
Experience in research and experimentation in agriculture or related field is desirable.
Qualification at (a) above should have been obtained prior to qualification at (b) above.
Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge/experience claimed.
Rs 42,500 x 1,250-50,000 x1,500-54,500 (FARC 44) plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Candidates unless already employed in the Government service or in Parastatal bodies, should not have reached their 40th
birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
Prospective candidates are kindly requested to call any day during working hours at the Food & Agricultural Research Council, Réduit, for further information on the above vacancy and to collect the prescribed application form and scheme of service which may also be downloaded here:
Scheme of Service
1. Only applications made on the prescribed form will be accepted.
2. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the form will lead to disqualification and elimination of the candidate.
3. The duly completed application form, with photocopies of educational, birth certificates and testimonials should reach the Director General, Food & Agricultural Research Council, Réduit, by Friday 14 September 2012 at 15.30 hours at latest. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Programme Manager”at the top left hand corner.
4. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
5. The selected candidate will initially be employed on temporary basis of one year with possibility of appointment in a substantive capacity thereafter subject to satisfactory performance, attendance and conduct.
The FARC reserves the right
(i) To convene only the best qualified candidates for interview;
(ii) Not to make any appointment following this advertisement.